Monday, July 22, 2013

Audrey Hepburn Quote - Silhouette Portrait Project #4

Have I mentioned lately that I am in love with my new Silhouette Portrait!

I made this inspirational mirror for my daughter's lovely black/white & pink French inspired bedroom.




Some time ago I found this mirror at Goodwill for $1.99.  
(See how dirty it is!) 

 
The frame was covered in a slick white heavy cardboard that was damaged up in the right hand corner.
  I thought I could do something creative with it at some point.
 

 
I cut this Audrey Hepburn quote out on black contact paper using my Silhouette Portrait.



I then used clear contact paper to pull it off the sticky mat - leaving the black contact paper's backing behind and stuck it to the mirror.  I used a credit card to really get it to adhere, before pulling off the clear contact paper.
 
 
When I was finished with that I found some black and white damask scrapbook paper that matches my daughter's room and modpodged it onto the frame.
 

 
In this picture you can see some of the things hanging on the opposite wall in her room. 
 
 
 
She loved it...I love it! 
And I especially love the fact that I have a vinyl-looking project for a fraction of the cost by using the contact paper!
 
What do you think? 
 
Sharing the love at these fabulous parties:
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





4 comments:

  1. Love, love , love this idea. That is such a clever and creatie idea. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ADORE this!! I am featuring it today on the DIY Sunday Showcase post! Thanks so much for linking this up - Jen @PinkWhen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love this!!! I have a 15 year old daughter and I want to do this for her!

    ReplyDelete