This past weekend my daugter and I (let me stress the "I" part!!!)
made our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread....Fall was definately in the air and the smell of this baking in the house was heavenly......
We've been making this Pumpkin Bread Recipe every fall for about 5 years now and I think it is just the BEST......
It makes 3 loaves in 9x5 pans.
3 cups canned pumpkin puree (must use Libby's)
1.5 C vegetable oil
4 C sugar
4.75 C all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp ground cloves
1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1 bag Nestle semi-sweet mini chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, nutmeg and ground cinnamon
- Stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Stir in bag of mini chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.
You can also add pecans/walnuts...or omit chocolate chips, although WHY would you want to do that???? Enjoy!!