Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Great Estate Sale Find

I found this primitive little dresser at an Estate Sale last month.   
It was only $20 which was a STEAL!



This is where the BEFORE picture would go if I wasn't SO IMPATIENT..... but I am, therefore no "BEFORE" since I forgot to take one.

Anyhow, it had a thick coat of white glossy paint on it that  looked awful.
I began sanding it and found a light YELLOW color under the white - which I liked - so rather than sand all the paint off - I left some white, some yellow and went to bare wood in some places.  

  I finished by rubbing a very dark (mahogany) Minwax oil based stain all over it, and then wiping it off right away for a tea stained look.



 
  I love it! I still have to put the handles back on though...
 
BONUS... I thought they were plastic reproductions of glass handles - but as it turns out, they are the real vintage glass handles. I think it's super cute and shabby!
I really, really love it!
What do you think?
 
 



Linking to these parties:







2 comments:

  1. Love it ~ $20 is a total steal! Great work.

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    Have a wonderful week~
    Sharon and Denise!

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete