Thursday, November 14, 2013

A DIY Christmas Ornament Round - Great Inspiration!

I love the preparation and time leading up to Christmas just as much as the actual day itself.   

One of our family traditions is making ornaments together each year.  What better way to get into the ornament making mood than a round up of some great DIY  ornament projects.


The simple elegance of these glitter dipped pine cones make me swoon..... (well THAT sounded corny!  But it's true!)  I love how easy it is to bring the outdoors in with this great DIY project by Miss Mustard Seed

Source:
 

I love these darling fabric and paper wrapped balls. 
Tiffany at Off Beat & Inspired offers a great tutorial for making these and it looks pretty simple to do - with a big impact!
 
Source:
 
Of course, I'm loving all things sweater covered at the moment and this ornament is no exception!  Susan at Susan Tuttle Photography whipped these up - and BONUS,  on her blog she's got other "sweater" crafts!!
 
 Source:
 
How fun are these Melted Snowman Ornaments? 
Shari at Turnstyle Vogue has a tutorial for making these, which looks like a great project to do with the kids.
 
Source:
 
On my to-do list this year was to knock off Pottery Barn's Sunburst Ornaments.  Jennifer @ Tatertots & Jello did it and they turned out fabulous for a fraction of Pottery Barn's cost.
 


I fell in love with these Angel Wings from Sandi @ Wayside Treasures and think that I will be creating something like this to attach to my gifts this year.   If you're not feeling up to making them, but love them too,  you can pick them up in her Etsy Shop.
 
Source:
 
 Here's another great idea from Mamie Janes.   I like that these ornaments are UPcycled from old yardsticks and scrabble tiles.  They'd be cute with family names on them, as well.
 
 Source:
 
  Still thinking you're not crafty enough to attempt DIY Ornaments?  Here's one that anyone can do....based on the name.  The "Easiest DIY Ornaments EVER" comes from My Hands Made It . 
 
 Source:
 
 
Okay.... I'm ready to get busy busting out some amazing ornaments for my tree...and for my packages! 
 
Are you going to be making any ornaments this year?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my wings Suzie!! I do appreciate it so much!
    Blessings~
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great round up! So many beautiful and unique ornaments! Thanks so much for sharing at Get Your DIY On! Hope to see you on Sunday at 7 EST to link up your handmade gifts!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great round up! Lots of great ideas. I love the Noel ruler ornament, just too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete