Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rolling Underbed Storage

Rolling Underbed Storage
 
 
 
A couple months ago, I picked up a drawer at a local re-building center and 4 casters for $3 -  to make an underbed storage container for my son's room. 


 
This was so incredibly easy to do.  First I laid the drawer on a tarp, removed the handle and gave it two coats of bright red paint.
 

 
Once it was dry, I added the casters to the bottom.
 
 
Finally, I threaded a piece of rope through the holes where the handle was previously and made a rope handle to make it easy for him to pull out.
 
 
I ended up finishing this project in less than 30 minutes and I think it came out pretty stinkin' cute!
 
You can't even buy a plastic tote for under $3!
 
What do you think? 
 

9 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! Perfect for easy access under the bed!

    Erin @ Elizabeth Joan Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super idea, it's a great way to use that wasted space! Thanks so much for linking up to Krafty Inspiration Thursday at Krafty Cards etc. Be sure to check back next week to see if you have been featured.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea! Would love for you to share this creative idea at Simple & Sweet Fridays! New Follower!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. I have a bed that would suit this and I really need some more storage.

    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! This would solve a huge problem in my youngest sons room. Welcome and thank you for sharing this idea on Fluster's Creative Muster Party. Now that you found the party I hope that you'll continue to join us on Wednesday's. Pinned!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius! Thank you for sharing this great DIY project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea. I have been wanting to make me a couple, just haven't got around to it yet. Thanks for sharing! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. $3 and 30 minutes?! You can't beat that! It turned out so cute too! Thanks so much for sharing this at Get Your DIY On! Hope to see you on Sunday with your spray paint projects! Have a wonderful day!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! I've got a great spray paint project to link up!

      Delete